Tuesday, November 1, 2011

begin anywhere | lisa novitsky portrait photographer

"Begin anywhere."
- John Cage

I have this written on one of those awesome square cards and pinned to a bulletin board (my tangible pinterest) in my office, and as I sip my coffee this morning waiting for the caffeine to spark - well... anything please - I'm staring at that card waiting for inspiration to osmos (is that even a word?) into me - and TOTALLY ignoring the message right in front of me.

But this is also what I'm looking at...





I was away for a week and had to jump into two more days of work when I returned - and I'm not kvetching here, well - yeah I am, but ANYWAY...my office is just the tippy-top of the rest of the house.  My suitcases have 'sploded on my bedroom floor.  For some reason I also decided I needed to change out spring/summer clothes for fall/winter without even unpacking yet - so those containers from the basement are also 'sploded on the floor, the contents of the boxes with Halloween stuff have 'sploded on the basement floor - I could go on and on around each room of the house - but you get the idea...

For some reason, my home often outwardly reflects what is going on inside of me...and right now there is a lot going on and the many facets are overlapping. 

Last week I had a lovely conversation with MeRa Koh about balance.  I won't go into the specifics of what she said because those beautiful ideas belong to her and I'm certain she will share them (click on her name to check her out - she is an amazing artist/teacher/person with a special heart for women - seriously, check her out).  

The gist of it was that balance is possible even in the midst of many "pulls".

It's not THAT daunting, right?...I mean, I've been here before.

If I tackle one thing at a time, eventually it will all get done.

Right?

Lisa


3 comments:

  1. right! yes! you will! like i said last week...sometimes, "done is beautiful!" xo, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. You will get it done.
    We should be thankful for the tasks that confront us.
    Some day we may long for the time when we were "useful".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, when my house is really clean, it is usually because life has handed me something so wrong I don't know what else to do but clean. So why don't you celebrate the chaos just a little--because it means life has been handing you an EXCESS of good stuff! :) XO

    ReplyDelete