Friday, April 15, 2011

laughter is the closest distance | vienna va family photographer

"Laughter is the closest distance
between two people"
-Victor Borge

I had a mom contact me recently to take a photo of her three grown children.  The youngest was going to be in town for a visit and she hadn't had them all together in quite a while.  This session was going to be her early Mother's Day gift/birthday present to herself (an inspired idea - by the way).  Needless to say, I had no idea how the three grown ones were going to feel about the whole thing.

What I found out, within minutes, was that I was going to have a blast photographing these people.   They were open and friendly from the get go and obviously comfortable with each other and themselves.  Lots of laughter and fun.  I grew up in a home where "teasing" was part of our love language...and I felt right at home with this crew.

Some peeks...







We had an audience during part of our session - a few of the kids who are still at home - and I couldn't help turning around and taking their photo...


I had such a great time with you all.  Hope you did too.

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Though they were NOT happy about the whole idea they all agreed that it was very painless and actually a good time! They are going to be very happy with your results and I am thrilled! You do beautiful work and I am so thankful that this all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Lisa, you truly have a gift, and thank you again for putting up with us....the pictures are GORGEOUS!! =)

    ReplyDelete