Wednesday, February 2, 2011

exercise

As I posted previously, last week, I was up in NYC for a quick visit.  On Sunday morning, I picked up my camera and  headed outside.  Before going out, I decided that I would take pictures of whatever drew my eye and this particular morning, I had also decided that I would not take any pictures of people.  The temperature was in the teens and I think the windchill brought it to feeling even lower than that, so I only lasted about an hour. 

Outside of the temperature, it was a glorious morning in the West Village.

I need to do more of this, not just in the city, but every where that I am - to be present, to really see things and begin to explore different ways of "seeing".  This particular morning I was drawn to words, to isolated spots, to texture, to color and "quirk". 

Here are a few of my favorties from that morning...


Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these NYC photos. Amazing how you can really "see" things once you stop and become present! Love the series -- it's ART!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the shoveled path to the green door.

    mary

    ReplyDelete