Wednesday, May 18, 2011

two roads diverged | dc metro area and nyc photographer

A few months back - well more than a few months now - Me Ra Koh posted a photography exercise on the Soar blog for a self portrait and a photograph of something that represented where you were at this point in your journey. 

While I knew what represented me, I wasn't sure of it's exact meaning at the time.  Here is what I chose...



I feel certain that I am on the correct path, but I also feel as if I am standing at a point of divergence.  It is not just important, but imperative, that I now make mindful choices and decisions.  I have come to the realization that while I have specific instances in my past of setting clear intentions and seeing results, I have spent so very much of my life simply "reacting" to the world around me. 

Listen, I get it, you have to be flexible in your life - you have to receive feedback of all kinds and respond and move accordingly, but having your own clear intentions allows you to do that within a framework that works uniquely for you.

I am compelled to move my life, my relationships, my work and my artistry to the next level.  I can't tell you what exactly has prompted this in me - perhaps an accumulation of beginning to approach a "mid-point", still striving for fulfillment or maybe the earth literally being thrown off it's axis? :-)... who knows. 

I throw this out into this stratesphere of technology for connection and accountability.

I have spent the past couple of years gathering information from a number of teachers and sources and it's time to start down the path of my own making and create clear visions of where I want to go - knowing that those visions will morph and grow as I do - defining what success means for me and finding peace and prosperity in that.

It's exciting and it will make all the difference. 

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. you are an amazing woman... proud to know you and call you friend..

    mary

    ReplyDelete