Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A New Path!

When I started this blog back in April, it was for the purpose of showing sneak peeks of my photo shoots as I was building my portfolio. I'm still going to do that, but something (and a lot of someones!) have inspired me to do more...

Okay - so over the weekend, I went beyond my comfort zone and applied for a scholarship with SOAR! for an awesome opportunity to grow and expand my photography business. In order to complete the application you had to submit a video. Now, those of you who know my acting background may think that wouldn't be hard for me...but it was! SCARY hard! First - I had only a few days to complete it (The deadline was Dec. 21st and I found out about it on Dec. 16), Second - I had no idea how to make/edit a video and upload/send it and finally - I had to speak in the video and share something of myself - EEEK!

Well, I got the application and video in before the deadline...was it perfect? - no - but I did it! As of today, there are over 200 videos sumitted. I've watched many of the videos (and I plan to honor everyone by watching all of them)...these women are creative, funny, genuine and out and out AMAZING! and they have inspired me to go out on a limb in the coming year (no matter the outcome of the scholarship competition) and put myself out there.

So this blog will now be a place to document my journey as an artist, a photographer, a wife, a mom and a human being making my way in this world. I know this is crucial to the overall success of my life. It feels vulnerable and exposed and a bit awkward - but I'm ready.

"Everything is sweetned by risk." - Alexander Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment