Monday, November 8, 2010

9 Photographers, 10 Words and Endless Inspiration

This past weekend I went up to Pennsylvania for a reunion/retreat with nine of the ladies from Me Ra Koh's NYC5 Confidence Workshop (that took place last May).  Lot's of laughter, catching up, tears and of course...photography. 

One of the things we did was take pictures of each other - since we hardly ever get to be in front of the camera ourselves.  Here are a few of pics I took of these remarkable women...

This is Monica, a beautiful woman inside and out, she has a soft loveliness that is juxtaposed with an amazing edgy sense of humor and impeccable comedic timing.



Hannah - stunning Hannah.  This lady is wise beyond her years.  She is full of life and has a HUGE heart for people, words and art.  The youngest of us, was often able to articulate what we all were feeling.




Jane - was our hostess for the weekend.  The passion, energy and accessibility of this woman is infectious beyond measure.  Her home is like her, warm, inviting and full of LOVE.



Marcia (pronounced "Marseeah" :-)  She brings so much fun and life to any room, and when she quiets down and grows intense - she is more beautiful than she knows.



Alicia.  Gorgeous Alicia.  She has an eye for beauty and a passion for the world.  She possesses a quiet intensity and she just...glows. 



Christine.  She is powerful in her directness and "get it done" attitude.  The growth that has occurred in her life over the past year is so inspiring to me.  She is FIERCE!  But I gotta say, it's her softer side that melts my heart.



Gretchen.  You take one look at her amazing eyes and you know you are safe.  You feel like who you are - is enough.  She is gentile and creative and notices incredible details.  What a gift.



Last , but not least is the amazing Rachel.  She didn't want to get in front of the camera.  I wish we had insisted on it now. :-) You will find this beautiful brunette smack dab in the middle on the second row of our group shot below (set up by Christine).  Rachel is strong, edgy, innovative and has the gift of "vision".  A talented photographer, she took the fun photo I've added to my blog header. :-)  



Thank you ladies for the "recharge".  I'm so blessed to know you, love you and have you in my life.

Lisa




4 comments:

  1. yay, I love this shout-out to our girls. I got a little teary reading this - I wasn't even there, but your descriptions of everyone are so right on.

    next time I won't miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this because I have a google alert on my blog name - Marseeah - because my name is also Marcia. So nice to see other Marcias (who seem to be just as awesome as I am) out there. And women having a wonderful time together!

    mar-see-ah.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mama. My heart is warmed, again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you rock. Just sayin'. And I LOOOOOOOOVE you! :)

    ReplyDelete